Post by Ali.
When a new textile comes into the museum, it needs to be examined before storing it. For that we need to follow these steps:
- The textile is placed on a table and examined thoroughly in search of anything that might damage it.
- Remove any material on the piece like unconnected threads, dirt and dust.
- If there are insect holes in the textile or insects or eggs, we put the textile through a freezing or heating procedure to kill live insects.
- At the Institute, the textile is kept in the freezer for two weeks then checked again for insects.
- After the elimination of insects, the textile is ready to be stored.